April 1 - Registration desk opens at 8:00
April 1 - 8:30 Welcome: Introduction and Aims
- April 1. 9:00 - 12:30 Composition of Cometary Ice and Dust
- 9:00 Anita Cochran: Invited Review of "The volatiles of comets observed through combined ground-based and space-based measurements"
- 9:30 Bernard Marty et al.: Invited Talk on "Noble gases and stable isotopes in comets"
- 9:45 Martin Cordiner et al.: Invited Talk on "Alma results for comets Lemmon and ISON"
10:00 - 10:30 Coffee Break and Start of Poster Session 1
- 10:30 Michael Toplis & H. Leroux: Invited Talk on "The connection between refractory materials in comets and asteroids"
- 10:45 Jean-Yves Chauffray & Jean-Loup Bertaux: UV Observations of the comets MachHolz 1 and ISON by SPICAV on Venus Express
- 11:00 Cecile Engrand, N. Bardin et al.: Ultracarbonaceous Antartic Micrometeorites: cometary grains collected in central Antarctic snow
- 11:15 Nicolas Biver et al.: The molecular diversity of comets as seen at radio wavelength
- 11:30 Jessica Sunshine et al.: Variations in Comet 103/P Hartley 2's Volatiles Up Close
- 12:00 Alice Decock et al.: Measurements of the forbidden oxygen lines in comets
- 12:15 A.-C. Levasseur-Regourd: Invited Talk on "The composition of the coma gas and dust based on optical properties"
12:30 - 14:00 Lunch
- April 1. 14:00 - 16:30 Isotopic Composition of Comets
- 14:00 Dominique Bockelée-Morvan & Emmanuel Jehin: Invited Review on "Cometary Isotope Measurements"
- 14:30 Paul Hartogh: Invited Talk on "The D/H ratio in Hartley 2"
- 14:45 Philippe Rousselot et al.: The nitrogen isotopic ratio in comet's ammonia
- 15:00 Robert Brown: Invited Talk on "Experimental simulations of ice sublimation with implications for isotopic evolution of comets"
- 15:15 Hideyo Kawakita et al.: High-dispersion Spectroscopic Observations of Comet ISON during its outburst on 2013 Nov 15
15:30 - 16:00 Coffee Break and Start of Poster Session 2
- 16:00 Faure Mathilde et al.: Hydrogen/deuterium exchange in interstellar ice analogs
- 16:15 Ursina Calmonte et al.: On the prospective determination of nitrogen isotopic ratios with ROSINA onboard the Rosetta spacecraft
16:30 Discussion and Completion of Poster Sessions 1 & 2
Poster Session 1 Presentations:
Yo-Ling Chuang & Yi-Jehng Kuan: Hourly Variation of Cometary Methanol Emission
M. R. Combi, Nicolas Fougere (presenting author) et al.: Water production rate of Comet C/2012 S1 (ISON) observed with the SWAN instrument on the SOHO spacecraft
Adeline Gicquel et al.: The volatile composition and taxonomy of comets C/2009 P1 (Garradd) and 103P/Hartey 2 from ground-based radio observations
Edith Hadamcik: Inferring Properties of Dust within Cometary Comae through Imaging Polarimetric Observations of the Scattered Light
Walter Harris et al.: Interferometric study of comets
Stefanie Milam et al.: Observations of Comet C/2012 S1 (ISON): The Rise and Fall of a Great Comet
Sajad Safari Nezhad et al.: Characters and end of ISON
Cyrielle Opitom et al.: TRAPPIST monitoring of comet C/2012 F6 (Lemmon)
Lucas Paganini et al.: Analysis of comet C/2003 K4 (LINEAR) in context of our emerging IR chemical taxonomy
Susarla Raghuram & Anil Bhardwaj: Atomic oxygen visible emission lines in comets
Poster Session 2 Presentations:
Alice Decock et al.: Isotopic ratios of the light elements in the comet C/2012 F6 (Lemmon)
April 2 - 8:30 Welcome and Logistics
- April 2. 8:45 - 9:45 Laboratory studies to support comet measurements
- 8:45 Murthy Gudipati: Invited Talk on "Amorphous and crystalline ices - temperature and ice thickness dependent near and mid infrared spectroscopic studies"
- 9:00 Bastian Gundlach & Jürgen Blum: Invited Talk on "Laboratory experiments on cometary activity"
- 9:15 Irakli Simonia & Tsitsino Simonia: Complex Organic and Possible Prebiotics in the Cometary Matter
- 9:30 Naomi Murdoch et al.: Segregation of Regolith Particles in Low Gravity
9:45 - 10:15 Coffee Break and Start of Poster Sessions 3 & 4
- April 2. 10:15 - 12:30 Dynamics of the Formation of the Solar System
- 10:15 Hal Levison: Invited Review on "The connection between comets and the dynamical evolution of the solar system"
- 10:45 Jean-Marc Petit: Invited Talk on "The dynamical origin of Jupiter family comets"
- 11:00 Hans Rickman: Invited Talk on "Oort Cloud dynamics and formation"
- 11:15 Philippe Lamy: Invited Talk on "Subsurface Structure and Density of Cometary Nuclei as Tracers of their Formation and Evolution"
- 11:30 Pedro Lacerda: Ideas on Comet Formation
- 11:45 Michael Belton: TNO source objects for Jupiter family comets: Collisionally processed aggregates or primitive agglomerations?
- 12:00 Olivier Groussin et al.: Cometary nuclei in the thermal infrared: current status and future prospects
- 12:15 Dennis Bodewitts et al.: Aging Oort-Cloud Comets: The Evolving Activity of C/2009 P1 (Garradd)
12:30 - 14:00 Lunch
- April 2. 14:00 - 16:30 Composition of the Disc and Formation Conditions for Comets
- 14:00 Karen Willacy: Invited Review on "The composition of the Protosolar Nebula"
- 14:30 Cecilia Ceccarelli: Invited Talk on "The deuterium fractionation: the link between comets and the earliest phases of the Solar System"
- 14:45 Olivier Mousis et al.: Invited Talk on "The origin of the nitrogen deficiency in comets"
- 15:00 Steven Charnley et al.: Invited Talk on "Nitrogen fractionation in interstellar chemistry"
- 15:15 Philipp Gast et al.: Influence of the disk stage on the chemical composition of cometesimals
- 15:30 Erika Gibb et al.: Cosmogonic Indicators for Cometary Methane
- 15:45 Yves Ellinger et al.: On the origin of neutral Na in comet tails
16:00 - 17:00 Coffee Break and Complete Poster Sessions 3 & 4
Poster Session 3 Presentations:
Gregoire Danger et al.: Analysis of volatile organic compounds and organic refractory residues coming from the heating of cometary ice analogs: an insight in complex cometary chemistry
H. Uwe Keller: Laboratory experiments relative to cometary activity
Poster Session 4 Presentations:
Robert Carlson: The tortured past of cometary molecules and grains: Energetic processing from molecular clouds to the Oort Cloud and Kuiper Belt
Alan Delamere et al.: Observation of Comets ISON and Siding Springs by the High Resolution Imaging Science Experiment (HiRISE) on Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter (MRO)
Jian-Yang Li et al.: Imaging C/2013 A1 (Siding Spring) in Preparation for the Unique Natural Flyby of a Dynamically New Comet
April 3 - 8:30 Welcome and Logistics
- April 3. 8:45 - 9:45 Relevance of Comets to the History of the Planets and Moons
- 8:45 Michael Mumma: Invited Review on "The chemical composition of comets: Emerging taxonomies and natal heritage"
- 9:15 J. Hunter Waite et al.: Invited Talk on "The composition of the Enceladus plume and relevance to the composition of cometary ice and dust"
- 9:30 Kathleen Mandt et al.: Invited Talk on "Nitrogen isotopes in comets and the terrestrial planet atmospheres"
9:45 - 10:15 Coffee Break and Start of Poster Sessions 6 & 7
- 10:15-14:00 Upcoming Measurements
- 10:15 Michael A'Hearn: Invited Review on "New Insights gained from in situ measurements (with a special focus on Deep Impact results)"
- 10:45 Matt Taylor et al.: Invited Review on "Status of the Rosetta Mission"
- 11:15 Thomas Cravens: Invited Review on "The plasma environment of comets and implications for the Rosetta Mission measurements"
- 11:45 Paul Feldman: Invited Talk on "Cometary composition measured by Far-UV spectroscopy and prospects for Rosetta/Alice"
12:00 - 13:30 Lunch
- 13:30 Wlodek Kofman et al.: Consert experiment on ROSETTA mission; its operations and scientific objectives
- 13:45 Kathrin Altwegg: Invited Talk on "Anticipated measurement by the ROSINA mass spectrometer"
- 14:00 Andrew Morse et al.: Invited Talk on "Ptolemy: an instrument to measure stable isotopic ratios of key volatiles on a cometary nucleus"
- 14:15 Paul Weissman : Some Critical Questions for Rosetta
- 14:30 Andrea Raponi et al.: Getting ready for VIRTIS-M on Rosetta encounter with 67P/CG: Tools for Spectral Analysis of Comet's Nucleus
- 14:45 Paul Van Allmen et al.: Measurements of Nucleus Thermal Properties with Microwave Instrument for Rosetta Orbiter (MIRO)
- 15:00 Dirk Schmanke et al.: The Alpha Particle X-Ray Spectrometer APXS on the Rosetta lander Philae to explore the surface of 67P/Churyumov-Gerasimenko
- 15:15 Tibor Kremic & Andy Cheng: Observing Comets From Stratospheric Balloon Platforms
15:30 - 17:00 Coffee Break and Completion of Poster Sessions 6 & 7
Poster Session 6 Presentations:
M. Ali-Dib et al.: Resolving the discrepancy between the ice giants and cometary D/H ratios
Michael Simakov: Comets, chemical evolution and origins of life on Earth
Poster Session 7 Presentations:
Ninette Abou Mrad, et al.: Development and optimization of an analytical system for the identification of volatile organic compounds coming from the heating of cometary ice analogs
Anais Bardyn et al.: COSIMA: In situ chemical analysis of cometary dust grains during the ROSETTA mission
Maria B??cka et al: Variations of the radiation emitted from the dust and molecules of the inner coma of the Comet 67P/Churyumov-Gerasimenko
Klim Churyumov: Physical parameters and morphology of comet 67P/Churyumov-Gerasimenko
Mauro Ciarniello et al.: Monte Carlo simulations of light scattering from a cometary coma: application to 67P/Churyumov-Gerasimenko
Vincent Debout et al.: A radiative transfer model for simulating VIRTIS/Rosetta molecular spectra
Gianrico Filacchione et al.: Global composition and temperature maps of comet 69P/CG from Rosetta/VIRTIS-M: plans, requirements and methods
Michaelangelo Formisano et al.: Thermal and Physical Evolution of 67P Churyumov-Gerasimenko nucleus
Aurelie Guilbert-Leboutre & Rita Schulz: Pre-perihelion activity of comet 67P/Churyumov-Gerasimenko
Myrtha Hässig et al.: ROSINA/DFMS calibration and capabilities to measure isotopic ratios at comet 67P/Churyumov-Gerasimenko
Pierre Henri et al.: In-situ measurements of electron density and temperature for cometary chemistry
Seungwon Lee et al.: Measurements of Isotopologue ratios of H216O, H217O, and H218O with Microwave Instrument for Rosetta Orbiter (MIRO)
Giovanna Rinaldi et al.: Scattered light Intensity from a cometary coma: application to the 67/P Churyumov-Gerasimenko
We will hold a special public outreach event on comets and Rosetta on Thursday night from 19:30 to 22:30. Dr. Dominique Bockelee-Morvan is the guest speaker and will be giving a talk titled "La sonde Rosetta en route pour explorer Churyumov-Gerasimenko." The special event will take place at:
Salle Duranti Osette
6 rue du Lieutenant Colonel Pelissier